Friday, February 17, 2012

A Minor Annoance

No, that's not a typo. I really is a minor annoance.

What is? Le me show you for a few lines:
I was a bozo he oher da. I was drinking some ea, and like an idio I was drinking near m compuer. Well, as ou can imagine, I spilled i and knocked ou a few kes on m keboard.

What that is supposed to say is: I was a bozo the other day. I was drinking some tea, and like an idiot I was drinking near my computer. Well, as you can imagine, I spilled it and knocked out a few keys on my keyboard.

Kind of sucks, but it got me thinking. It got me thinking about tests and just what it is that we take for granted in our lives.

For example, look at this photo of Shoghi Effendi. It's the photo of him sitting at his typewriter (see below).



He had to type every letter he wrote, and then go over each and ever one of them to make sure that they were correctly typed. It took forever.

Just imagine how much more he could have written if he had had a computer.

And me? I'm inconvenienced by a couple of missing letters.

Now let's look at 'Abdu'l-Baha, or even Baha'u'llah. They had to write each letter by hand.

Me? I have the unbelievable luxury of using a computer and all I need to do right now is cut and paste a few letters that are missing after each line. This is made so much easier by the fact that the spellcheck shows me most of the words that are missing those letters.

So besides replacing the keyboards for a few dollars, what can I do? I can recall those beautiful words of Baha'u'llah's that were written for not only the truly life-threatening things that are occurring to those believers in some parts of the world, but also to help wimps like me keep it all in perspective:
O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.


3 comments:

  1. You are so funny and yet you have something very meaningful to share as well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqZ4nlLw6xk
    Luke Slott put that quote beautifully to music ^^

    ReplyDelete