Thursday, March 6, 2014

An Observation

All right. This morning I was looking for the prayers for the Fast in my prayer book when I noticed something interesting.

If you have the US edition of Baha'i Prayers, there is a section in the back called "Occasional Prayers". It comes right after "General Prayers", and just before "Special Tablets".

Got it?

Good.

The first section in that part is called "The Fast". Great. Just what I was looking for.

Except that I didn't turn right to that. I ended up flipping into the middle, a few sections later. What I found was "Intercalary Days".

Great. No problem. I know that the intercalary days come right before the Fast, so I flipped to the next section.

And did I find "The Fast"? Nope. I found "Martyrs and Their Families".

Puzzled, I checked the next section. "The Fast"? Nope. "Naw Ruz".

Confused, I flipped all around and finally found "The Fast" at the very beginning of "Occasional Prayers".

And then I realized what I had seen.

In this prayer book, Martyrs come right between the Intercalary Days and Naw Ruz.

Hmmmm.

Must just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment