Monday, March 15, 2010

A Chip Off the Old Block

Although I know it is very dangerous to try and write a blog article an hour before the Fast ends for the day, I'm going to be foolish enough to try. Perhaps prayer will get me through.

Actually, this is an easy one.

For the past few days, Shoghi has been regularly asking me if he could write an article. He has said that he wants to write one, and that he knows what he wants to write. The fact that he has just turned 5, and still is not all that great on his spelling, doesn't faze him.

So me being me, and trying to be the encouraging Dad that I hope to be, I asked him what he wanted to write about, while we were driving home this afternoon. He told me, and I have taken careful notes. The following is all from him:

I give you all my love and then I make new love.

I have loving making machines inside me. God gave them to me.

I don't try to love everyone; I just do it. I am made to love everyone.
And there you have it: Shoghi Simon's first published article.

Remember you read it here first!

1 comment:

  1. Today, I have received many phone calls and e-mails saying how amazed they are at what Shoghi wrote. This afternoon, as I re-read it to someone on the phone, Shoghi looked up at me and said, "Papa, everyone is made this way."

    I just love the little guy.

    ReplyDelete